Modifications

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Help, I'm trying to setup the transport agent so I can receive messages that might arrive from a bounce back from an email blast application I use to target a mailing list.

I was successfully able to install the catchallagent, so now it will receive emails that are sent from addresses such as bounce_1434@domain.com where 1434 would be the database record of the intended recipient. 

However, I have 2 questions:

1. I'd like to modify the CatchAllAgent to only catch all for addresses's that begin with the word bounce. This seems relatively straight forward, I haven't tried it yet, as I'm concerned about how i might compile and install a modified version of the class. Wondering if when I compile it, i'm going to get complaints about it needing to be a strongly signed assembly. So any pointers here would be a great help.

2. I'd like to develop a Sender Id transport agent, which would allow me to Send As fictitious addresses such as bounce_1434@domain.com where the numeric part of the address would change. My question is, how complicated is it to create a sender id transport protocol agent? Any examples exist out there?

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM

After reading a little more, it appears maybe my understanding is a bit off....for outgoing mail, i'm not sure if a transport agent actually is what verifies it's a valid address in the domain. Anyone have any experience trying to do this??