Suggested updates to the README.TXT

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Hi,

Just from my experience in installing the catchallagent on Exchange 2010 things went horribly, it took me a few days to track down where I was going wrong and thought some of those learnings (some captured in previous discussions) could be added to the install instructions

Step 1. Recommend that Security Permissions include Network Service R/W (with Deny on Write) or install into \Exchange Server\V14\TransportRoles\agents (which has this by default)

Thanks to Semple1 for the assistance on this there could be some additional information in his previous post on this (http://catchallagent.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=62204)

Step 2. There does not appear to be a Zip file anymore (3 files to download + readme)

Step 5. Note should be made of the Agents that are installed when installing the Antispam Agents

Connection Filtering Agent
Content Filter Agent
Sender Id Agent
Sender Filter Agent
Recipient Filter Agent
Protocol Analysis Agent

Step 7. Note should be made to refer to Step 1 if you are unable to Start MSExchangeTransport 

One other thing I have noticed (bug or working as designed) - if your to: email address is not configured as the Default or Reply-to address on recipient account it will be picked up by the Catchall agent as an invalid address (I ran into this myself as i migrated 3 domains into a single server

Other than that - thank you for such a great tool